Sunday, July 14, 2013

Peaches For You, Peaches For Me

It finally cooled down around here, so Kirby and I went on an awesome hike this morning. In this case, "awesome" means that Kirby didn't roll in any mud puddles, randomly bark at any men in hats, and is now exhausted and therefore an angel. My standards are low.

I needed a quick summery snack before heading out to work, so I grabbed one of the 9 peaches I bought (see my last post) and found some feta--super easy, looks fancy, tastes great!


This would work great on slices of baguette next time you have people over. I love impressing people while doing minimal work.

Peach and Feta Toasts

  • 1 peach, pitted, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
  • 2 pieces multigrain bread
  • 1/4 c crumbled feta or bleu cheese
  • balsamic glaze
Put the bread under the broiler, for a few minutes on each side, until lightly toasted. Spread the cheese over the toast and broil for another 2-3 minutes, until cheese is soft and slightly melted. Arrange peach slices on top, and drizzle with balsamic glaze.


xo
l

4 comments:

  1. Are you a wizard? You're a wizard. Stop it. This looks amazing. I'm going to have to start trying to find the ingredients to make this amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, is it only men in hats that Kirby barks at? Does he bark at hats that don't have a man in them? I'm so curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The list of things Kirby barks at includes but is not limited to:
      men in hats
      50% of women in hats, chosen at random
      small suitcases
      skateboards
      tennis rackets
      the ice cream truck

      Delete
  3. I would bark at the ice cream truck, also, if there was one nearby. Totally justified, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete